- 5 oz of black beans, drained and rinsed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 flax egg (1 t flaxseed meal + 2 1/2 t water)
- 1 t coconut oil (or other oil)
- Scant 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t of instant coffee granules
- 1/4 c semisweet chocolate chips (dairy-free for vegan)
- Dash of chocolate sprinkles
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 17 mins
Total time: 22 mins
These vegan brownies are gluten free, vegan and totally delicious. They taste just like rich, fudgy brownies and the black beans are entirely undetectable.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 6 muffin tins. Prepare flax egg by combining flax and water in small bowl and letting it rest for 3-5 minutes. Combine black beans through instant coffee in a food processor (sift in sugar if clumpy) and puree. Then stir in chocolate chips and sprinkles. Pour batter into muffin tins and smooth the tops with a spoon. Bake for 17 minutes or until tops are dry and starting to pull away from the sides. Let cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan.