When life gives you zucchinis…make Zucchini Banana Bread, DUH! This banana bread is absolutely freaking delicious, and I’ll be making it the rest of summer. You’re going to want to use all your garden’s zucchinis for this recipe (or your neighbor’s zucchini). Note: when in doubt, add more liquid if too dry and more almond flour if too wet.
- 3.5 Ripe Bananas
- 2 Large Zucchini (about 2.5 cups) grated and then squeezed completely out
- 2 Pasture-Raised Eggs
- 2 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup or Honey
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup Oats
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Dash Cinnamon
- Chocolate Chips (optional, to your liking)
- Preheat oven to 350-degree F.
- Combine all wet ingredients and whisk together thoroughly. When grating zucchini, ring out in a towel or in double-layered paper towel. It cannot be wet or the recipe will not turn out.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients, reserve half the chips for topping.
- Fold in wet ingredients into the dry little by little using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Mixture should be sticky, not too runny.
- Fold in some choc chips and save some for topping.
- Place in two lined loaf pans and transfer to center racks of oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Check, and add 10-15 min if needed, depending on your oven.
About the Author: Dana Bujalski hales from the Chicago suburbs. As a personal chef for in-home meal prep, small parties, and cooking lessons, Dana focuses primarily on clients' nutritional and specific dietary needs. She has a strong passion for health and wellness and has competed in four NPC Bikini Competitions, placing 2nd in her third show. Competing helped Dana become stronger both in and out of the kitchen, which ultimately led to her having a better relationship with food, something she adamantly passes along to her clients. Find her on Instagram @BodyFuelbyDana