Impress your foodie friends at your next summer gathering with this deliciously creative, vegan-friendly recipe featuring grilled poblanos stuffed with fresh corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, red quinoa, spices and more. It’s a lip-smacking flavor sensation unlike any other! Plus, it's rich in protein, fiber and the nutrients your body craves!
Stuffed Vegan Poblano Peppers
Ingredients for Filling
- 2 cups cooked red quiona
- 2 cups black beans
- 1.2 cup diced red tomatoes
- 1 Tbs Chili powder
- 2 tsp Cumin powder
- 6 poblanos, sliced half open, seeded. (Place poblanos in 350-degree oven for 15 minutes or until par-baked so they are tender, or see optional grilling instructions below.)
Ingredients for Topping
- 2 corn cobs, corn sliced right off the ear
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Juice of 4 limes
Toss all together in a bowl and set aside.
Ingredients for Sauce
- One adobo pepper from a can of Chipotles Peppers in Adobo Sauce, plus some sauce from the can
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1.5 cups of vegan sour cream or yogurt.
Mix together and set aside. Note: for more heat, just add more adobo!
- Stuff the roasted poblano first with the Quinoa filling, top it with the corn mixture and then drizzle the Chipotle adobo on top.
- Place back in oven to heat up all together. Enjoy!
- Optional: Top with vegan cheese and then place into oven.
(Optional) Grilling Instructions
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Brush entire poblano with avocado oil and grill both sides of pepper until tender and marked.
- Once cooled, slice longwise just one side and open up to remove the seeds
- Fill with components
About the Author: Dana Bujalski hales from the Chicago suburbs. As a personal chef for in-home meal prep, small parties, and cooking lessons, Dana focuses primarily on clients' nutritional and specific dietary needs. She has a strong passion for health and wellness and has competed in four NPC Bikini Competitions, placing 2nd in her third show. Competing helped Dana become stronger both in and out of the kitchen, which ultimately led to her having a better relationship with food, something she adamantly passes along to her clients. Find her on Instagram @BodyFuelbyDana