Craving comfort foods but don’t want all the extra calories? Need a dessert you can feel good about making and sharing this Thanksgiving? Are you following a vegan diet? Then check out this recipe that marries Modern Source Plant-Based Protein by Trailhead Nutrition® with all kinds of good-for-you ingredients for a delectable and savory treat that will blow your mind.
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie)
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 egg (or 2 tbs Apple sauce)
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Dash sea salt
- 1 scoop Modern Source Plant-Based Vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup almond flour
- @lilys_sweets Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the wet ingredients, blend until clump-free
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix
- Mix wet into dry and mix with a spatula. Note: Mixture will be thicker than cake batter.
- Pour into oven-safe pan. Preferably an 8x8.
- Bake for 20 min, checking with a toothpick. Adding 3-5 min after if not done.
- Cool all the way and then keep refrigerated after.
About the Author: Dana Bujalski hales from the Chicago suburbs. As a personal chef for in-home meal prep, small parties, and cooking lessons, Dana focuses primarily on clients' nutritional and specific dietary needs. She has a strong passion for health and wellness and has competed in four NPC Bikini Competitions, placing 2nd in her third show. Competing helped Dana become stronger both in and out of the kitchen, which ultimately led to her having a better relationship with food, something she adamantly passes along to her clients. Find her on Instagram @BodyFuelbyDana