Fall is full of pumpkin-inspired everything, especially recipes. And, we’ve got a fantastic one for you right here. This protein-packed pumpkin bread is a delectable treat, especially for breakfast with a smear of yogurt and a dash of cinnamon.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 scoop PRO7EIN Synthesis Vanilla or Creamy Chai Latte protein powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3.5 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a standard size loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, protein powder, and pumpkin spice until combined.
- Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients. Pour in eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, milk, vanilla, and pumpkin puree. Whisk together the wet ingredients for about 30 seconds, then fold them into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, then cover the pan loosely with tin foil to prevents excess browning of the top of your loaf.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Slice it up and ENJOY!
- Optional: Add a smear of yogurt and a dash of cinnamon.
About the Author: Dana Bujalski hales from the Chicago suburbs. As a personal chef for in-home meal prep, small parties, and cooking lessons, Dana focuses primarily on clients' nutritional and specific dietary needs. She has a strong passion for health and wellness and has competed in four NPC Bikini Competitions, placing 2nd in her third show. Competing helped Dana become stronger both in and out of the kitchen, which ultimately led to her having a better relationship with food, something she adamantly passes along to her clients. Find her on Instagram @BodyFuelbyDana