When bananas and mango meet, you get the best creamy, sweet and satisfying treat! Plus, there is just something special about making it yourself and adding in a quality protein powder that makes it that much more exciting to indulge in!
- 2 mangos, chopped small and then frozen
- 2 slightly ripened bananas, chopped small and then frozen
- 1/2 cup canned coconut cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 2 scoops PRO7EIN Synthesis Vanilla Protein Powder
- Juice of one lemon
- Combine the coconut cream and heavy whipping cream in a small saucepan over low heat. In a separate bowl, beat the egg. Transfer egg into pan and whisk together well.
- Ensuring your egg doesn’t cook, keep the temperature low. Using a thermometer, check the temp until it reaches 160 degrees.
- Now transfer the mixture to the refrigerator until completely cool.
- Add the frozen fruit into the blender with the custard, frozen fruit, and lemon juice.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with favorite granola and enjoy this summertime treat!
About the Author: Dana Bujalski hales from the Chicago suburbs. As a personal chef for in-home meal prep, small parties, and cooking lessons, Dana focuses primarily on clients' nutritional and specific dietary needs. She has a strong passion for health and wellness and has competed in four NPC Bikini Competitions, placing 2nd in her third show. Competing helped Dana become stronger both in and out of the kitchen, which ultimately led to her having a better relationship with food, something she adamantly passes along to her clients. Find her on Instagram @BodyFuelbyDana