It’s summer and summer is for grilling. Rather than share a recipe for grilled chicken, let’s get creative! Let’s grill some fruit! Peaches to be exact. Check out this recipe for deliciously grilled peaches topped with a heaping dollop of homemade protein-infused whipped cream to reduce any potential guilt (and of course, help you hit your protein quota for the day).
- 4 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- Olive Oil
Protein Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Heat a gas grill to medium.
- Cut the peaches along their seams, all the way around, and twist their halves off their pits.
- Brush the cut sides of the peaches with olive oil and grill, cut side down, until the fruit has developed grill marks and started to soften, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Brush the tops with oil, turn over and move to the side of the grill to continue cooking over indirect heat, another 4 to 5 minutes.
For Protein Whipped Cream:
- Put it all in a bowl and whip until fluffy.
(Makes approx. 10 1/4-cup servings)