Wondering when you’ll be able to fully indulge in a bowl of your childhood favorite snack again? This is it! I’ve health-i-fied PUPPY CHOW! Make a batch and don't feel guilty for this one!
- 1 box Gluten-Free Chex
- 1/2 cup Organic Creamy Peanut Butter (make sure ingredients' list says “only dry roasted nuts” and nothing else. And no added sugar)
- 1 cup Lily’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tbs Coconut oil
- 1 cup Swerve Confectioners Sugar
- 2-3 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- Melt the peanut butter, chips, and coconut oil in a small saucepan. Do not walk away from the pot! Continuously stir as the mixture melts completely.
- With the largest bowl you can find, add the box of Chex. Pour the chocolate mixture over the Chex and fold with a spatula, gently.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly before adding the sugar and protein. Alternatively, I like to use the same bowl I used for the chocolate for the powder. So transfer the chocolatey Chex in another bowl just to wash the larger bowl. Dry it out well and then transfer the Chex back to the large bowl and begin mixing in the powdered sugar and protein. Toss the Chex without using a spoon to fully cover all pieces!
About the Author: Dana Bujalski hales from the Chicago suburbs. As a personal chef for in-home meal prep, small parties, and cooking lessons, Dana focuses primarily on clients' nutritional and specific dietary needs. She has a strong passion for health and wellness and has competed in four NPC Bikini Competitions, placing 2nd in her third show. Competing helped Dana become stronger both in and out of the kitchen, which ultimately led to her having a better relationship with food, something she adamantly passes along to her clients. Find her on Instagram @BodyFuelbyDana