Fall is on its way! And, it's is the perfect time of year to start making and eating delicious soups. This particular recipe has so much good stuff packed into it to help ease inflammation and detox the body while warming your belly and putting a smile on your face! Make a big batch and savor it all week!
- 1 onion, medium chop
- 3 large carrots, small chop
- 5 Ribs Celery, small chop
- 2 Zucchini, half-moons
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head cauliflower, small florets
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stem removed and rough chop
- 1 bunch asparagus, small chop
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Grated fresh ginger, to your liking
- 1 Tbs turmeric
- 3 Tbs coconut oil
- 6 cups veggie broth, or more to your liking
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Braggs aminos or coconut aminos
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Optional: over-easy egg and microgreens
- Add oil to a large stockpot.
- Heat over medium-high heat and then add the onion, carrots, celery, and ginger.
- Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add all the rest of the veggies plus the garlic minus the kale.
- Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring consistently.
- Add the turmeric and mix thoroughly.
- Top with a over-easy fried egg and microgreens (optional).
About the Author: Dana Bujalski hales from the Chicago suburbs. As a personal chef for in-home meal prep, small parties, and cooking lessons, Dana focuses primarily on clients' nutritional and specific dietary needs. She has a strong passion for health and wellness and has competed in four NPC Bikini Competitions, placing 2nd in her third show. Competing helped Dana become stronger both in and out of the kitchen, which ultimately led to her having a better relationship with food, something she adamantly passes along to her clients. Find her on Instagram @BodyFuelbyDana