Are you dealing with food boredom after being on lockdown for what seems like an eternity? Well, we've got some lip-smacking fall-inspired recipes below that you can whip up for a Friendsgiving party or your family Thanksgiving. These dishes are sure to wow your guests!
Pumpkin Sage Hummus
- 3 15 oz. cans chickpeas, drained but reserve 3/4 cup of liquid from the can
- 3/4 cup aquafaba (liquid from can of chickpeas)
- 1 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sage
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend on high for up to 5 minutes.
- Blend until hummus it reaches the desired consistency. If it is too dry or too thick, add reserved chickpea liquid in 1 tbsp intervals until you reach a creamy consistency.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, paprika, fresh sage, and pomegranate seeds.
Harissa Roasted Carrots
- 12-15 medium carrots
- 2 tsp harissa spice blend
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp agave
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Wash carrots and trim greens (you can leave a bit at the top). Peel if desired.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet, then drizzle with olive oil, harissa, lime, agave, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until carrots are tender and slightly browned.
- Let cool slightly, then serve top with toasted chopped hazelnuts, fresh parsley, and pomegranate seeds.
Fall-Inspired Kale Salad w/ Sweet Tahini Dressing
Ingredients for Salad
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 delicata squash, cut in half, remove seeds and slice into half rounds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large bunch kale, chopped and massaged in 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp lemon juice & 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3/4 cup crunchy chickpeas (buy the bagged ones from the store)
- 3/4 cup sliced figs (optional)
Ingredients for Tahini Dressing
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp manuka honey
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prep brussels sprouts and squash, toss in olive oil and salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, de-stem kale, chop finely, and add to a large mixing bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp lemon juice, and 1/4 tsp salt. Massage with your hands for 3-4 minutes.
- To make the Tahini Dressing, simply whisk all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Toss all salad ingredients in the dressing. Enjoy!
– By Corey Phelps, NASM certified trainer and nutrition expert. Follow her on IG @cultivatebycorey