Fall ushers in pumpkins, cooler weather and plenty of soup recipes! These fall flavors mixed with lobster are soo incredibly good together and even better for your body! Warm up tour belly, starting here!
- Olive oil
- 4 lobster tails
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 cup yellow onion, small dice
- 2 ribs celery, small chop
- 1 Tbs white wine or white wine vinegar
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1.5 cups lobster broth (from simmering tails)
- 1 cup coconut cream or any plant-based milk
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Add 2 cups water to a pot and steam the entire lobster tails until they turn bright red. Reserve the water! Next, run the tails under cool water. Set aside while prepping soup.
- In a large Dutch oven, drizzle enough oil to coat bottom of pot. Heat to medium heat. Add all the veggies. Sauté for 8 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Deglaze with vinegar or wine.
- Add the tomato paste and combine well.
- Add the veggie broth, lobster broth, milk and spices and herbs. Mix and bring back to a boil, then cover with a lid for 10 min on low.
- Once veggies are all tender, in batches, blend all ingredients until thick and creamy.
- To remove the meat from the lobster tail, using a pair of meat scissors, slice along the top of the tail all the way down. Pinch and squeeze until it opens up nicely and easily remove the meat. Chop up in bite-sized pieces.
- To serve, add lobster to each bowl and garnish with lemon juice and tarragon.
About the Author: Dana Bujalski hales from the Chicago suburbs. As a personal chef for in-home meal prep, small parties, and cooking lessons, Dana focuses primarily on clients' nutritional and specific dietary needs. She has a strong passion for health and wellness and has competed in four NPC Bikini Competitions, placing 2nd in her third show. Competing helped Dana become stronger both in and out of the kitchen, which ultimately led to her having a better relationship with food, something she adamantly passes along to her clients. Find her on Instagram @BodyFuelbyDana