Numerous studies reveal that blueberries have a plethora of health benefits. This tart little high-fiber fruit that grows in clusters on shrubs can be added to your protein shakes or as a topper to your whole grain cereal, oatmeal or yogurt. Here are several great reasons to bite into some blueberries today.
1. Half a cup only has 40 calories and 0 g fat!
2. Blueberries pack the highest antioxidant punch of any other fruit.
3. This nutrient-packed fruit helps prevent heart disease and diabetes by lowering bad cholesterol levels while boosting glucose control and insulin sensitivity.
4. The compounds such as Pterostibene found in blueberries help fight against many cancers, particularly colon and liver cancer.
5. Blueberries boost brain health by helping to prevent degeneration and death of neurons. Blueberries are said to help prevent the onslaught of Alzheimer’s and improves memory.
6. Eating blueberries regularly might actually help to reduce belly fat.