Here are some great lifestyle practices you can start right now to get and stay fit and healthy in 2022 and beyond!
1. Drink a lot of water. Water has so many different benefits for health, including hydration, metabolism, blood circulation, and immune health. Get a gallon jug of water and strive to finish it each day.
2. Get some sleep. Sleep plays an essential role in your physical, mental, and emotional health. If you're having trouble sleeping, check out these sleep hacks.
3. Exercise. If no weights are available to you, there are plenty of body-weight exercises that can benefit you, such as push-ups, squats, lunges, sit-ups, etc. Exercise not only helps improve your muscle strength, but it also helps your cardiovascular system. When your heart and lung health improve, you have more energy to tackle the day.
4. Move a little more. Do some cardio outside to get some sun, burn some calories, and relieve some stress!
5. Avoid sugar. Cutting sugar from your diet not only helps slim your waistline but contributes to a better quality of life and overall health and wellness.
6. Snack on vegetables. Feeling hungry in between meals? Don’t reach for chips—instead, snack on some veggies. Vegetables are full of different vitamins, minerals, and fiber, which are great for a healthy lifestyle change! They are also lower caloric snacks.
7. Take a multivitamin/mineral. Are you taking multivitamins and minerals daily? Now more than ever, we realize the importance of building a strong immune system that’s ready to fight for you. Vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants are your best soldiers!
If you need any more help or more suggestions on home workouts and proper nutrition, reach out to a NUTRISHOP® location near you.
– By Madison Garcia, a NUTRISHOP® multi-store franchisee