Don't want to work out at the gym? You don't have to! And, you're in luck because we've got a good one for you today!
Bonus, you don't need any equipment to do this workout that will help strengthen, lengthen, and tone your physique. Warning, you are probably going to sweat and your heart will certainly be pumping!
So, get ready! Here we go!
The Workout Deets
- Perform the following bodyweight moves
- Do 20 reps (each side for multi-sided movements)
- Do 60-second cardio blast
- Repeat 4 to 5 times
- Then complete the Tabata-style finisher
Don't Miss: What Should I Take After My Workout?
- Keep your feet at shoulder-width apart and pointed straight ahead.
- When squatting down, your hips will move down and back.
- Hips should descend lower than your knees.
- The curve of the low back should be maintained, and your heels should stay flat on the floor.
Around-the-World Lunges (count 1 front, 1 lateral, 1 back = 1 rep)
- Front Lunge: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, then lunge forward with your right foot, push back up to standing.
- Lateral Lunge: Take your right foot out laterally to complete a side lunge, return to standing.
- Back Lunge: Reach your right foot back and complete a backward lunge, push back up to standing.
- Begin in a plank position.
- Walk hands in toward feet while lifting hips up.
- Walk hands back to plank.
- Lower chest toward the ground.
- Press back up to plank.
- Begin lying face down.
- Squeeze abdominals and glutes in tight, then reach arms and legs out long.
- Simultaneously lift the upper body and lower body.
- Extend arms out long through the crown of the head as you lift the chest while also reaching the legs up from the hip. (NOTE: The only part of the body remaining on the floor are the hip bones and lower abdomen.)
- Hold at the top for a breath, lower and repeat.
60 Seconds Cardio Blast: Mountain Climbers
- Begin in a plank position, hands placed under the shoulders, core and glutes engaged, hips in line with shoulders, feet hip-width apart.
- Draw your right knee in towards the chest and then the left knee.
- Alternate back and forth between legs at a quick pace.
(Repeat this circuit for 4 or 5 rounds)
Tabata-Style Finisher: Planks
(hold for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds done for a total of 8 rounds)
- Begin on hands and knees with palms under shoulders.
- Extend both legs straight behind, toes tucked under, just as you would at the top of a pushup.
- Pull the abdominal muscles in tight, gaze down and slightly forward.
– By Corey Phelps, NASM certified trainer and nutrition expert. Follow her on IG @cultivatebycorey